Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Robots, Ponies & Ghetto Beats

Excerpts from my day off:

Me: "There's sunshine in my cereal!"

Me: "I think the silence will take some getting used to, @ first ...I'll be listening to a lot of Eugene Mirman's comedy album ...It'll be like having a very funny one-sided conversation about robots and ponies."
Michael: "Exactly like me! What if I were a robot or a pony?"
Me: "Well then I'd beat you with a chair and make a fine fine purse."

Me: "OK, Traffic boy!"
Nick: "Traffic recorded those songs in a more innocent time! Honest!"

Me: "My very first boyfriend @ age 15 broke up with me because I refused to play a game of euchre ...What gives?"
Nick: "Is it because you thought he meant Bob Uecker from Mr. Belvedere, and the thought of playing him scared you half to death?"

Around 4PM, I went to pick up my paycheck ...Opted to stop by Metropolis on my way back and pick up a cup of coffee ...Ran into none-other than Teevo and Chris Finger.

Teevo: "I've been working all day on music ...It's really coming together."
Me: "Metropolis is like your office"
Teevo: "Yeah, whenever people contact me to work on the album, I just have them meet up with me here."
Me: "That's a smart idea -That way you can scope them out first and make sure they're not some 60+ John Wayne Gacy lookin' fella"
Teevo: "Well, I guess you could lay down your ghetto beats, sir"

Teevo: "The Subway up the street isn't half bad -Have you had their fruit punch!? Oo my, you push the fruit punch button and it's really ORANGE POP ...I LOVE that stuff!"
Me: "It's as though the machine knew what you really wanted!"

Jason: "I think I just made my decision, eff work."

Also, Peter Boyle died today ...Breaks my heart, he was always on my list of "People Who I Wish Were My Real Grandfather" (Second only to Dean Martin ...And yes, I have such lists).

No comments: